Look in my for more up-to-date information about the status of the
You can get the source from the download page.
This code is for experienced developers only. You have been warned!
- OpenDemo has a working prototype for JK2, Q3A, RtCW, SOF2, and
- Nobody updated the RtCW Windows project files for the use with OpenDemo,
so there is no possiblity yet to create the OpenDemo Windows shared library
(DLL) for RtCW on a Windows system. They were compiled with a cross-compiler
- I make the compilation batch files with the main Makefile, they may not
work but no Windows user tried them out yet.
- OpenDemo can record a demo on the server side into a plain text
- The demo file can be edited with any decent text editor or even
better with a XML editor.
- The XML file conforms to a DTD
- The (manipulated) demo file can be replayed.
- On replay, the viewer can choose between a first-person look or a
free-flying spectator look (``user controlled camera''). Is there any other art
form, which uses recorded stuff but gives the viewer full control over his
- The server can replay the demo file endless, which makes a good
Since november 2001 Eugene 'HMage' Bujak starts contributing to OpenDemo, which finally brings it to a usable
- I started coding on the record part of OpenDemo in march 2000 but had
to stop in may 2000. But fortunately,
Conor Davis took
over and finished in march 2001 a first full working version of OpenDemo.
Starting in august 2001, I participated again more actively.
- game/bg_lib.c/AddFloat() needed fraction support to
allow printf with the %f format.
provided me with the necessary patch.